May 28, 2010

Insomniac Cards... 2 am post

Nope, it's not an auto-post.  I was lying awake with a million things on my mind... and decided to tackle a few challenges for my fave challenge site - 365 Cards.   A little catch up.... and as a bonus, it's an {ippity} sponsored week, and each day of participation is an entry.  I'd really love to win me some of their gorgeous rubber goodness!


Day 86 - Keep it Simple.  One stamped image, one stamped sentiment & one embellishment.  NO design paper.  It's astounding to me how challenging simplicity is...


Card Blank - Dollar Store; Image - Sugar Nellie "Gorjuss" (coloured with Copics); Sentiment - CTMH; Ribbon - The old Stashola.


Day 88 - Insect Frenzy.  Yeah, Pam's been drinkin' that famous coffee... the specific requirements are: at least 3 different bugs on the card - and at least 10 bugs in total.  I stole a page from DT Vicky's book and made a buggy background.  Forgive me for plagiarism, dear Vicky... it was just such a good idea!!




Card Blank - Dollar Store; Image - Penny Black (coloured with Copics); Sentiment - CTMH;  Buggy Background Stamps - Big ol' clear stamp pack I bought from Costco a year back; Ribbon & Buttons - Stash.


Day 89 - Courage and Strength.  Pam challenged us to create a card with that theme.  For me, it was simple... this one's for you, Jane ~ your courage and strength inspire me every day: 



Card Blank - Dollar Store; DP - DCWV; Big ol' Brad ... I can't remember!


Thanks for poppin' by my little ol' blog.  I may try to get some sleep now - after all, I do have to work tomorrow!  Cheerio!  ~ Carolyn

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW you are very productive in the middle of the night! Love your cards-esp the pink, says it all!
Chrissy

♥Jan♥ said...

I agree - the breast cancer card is wonderful ! I wish I would have thought of that, but you would have been here first anyway... lol. (AND I too cannot pass up a chance to buy the very newest paper, and I have so much it will be 10 years to use it all, assuming I don't buy more tomorrow...) Your perfect day sounds like mine, if only I could wear my pjs out for coffee...

TesaB said...

Beautiful cards, Carolyn! Great idea with the breast cancer theme on the courage one. And scheez, I did a card today VERY much like your first. Guess great minds think alike, huh!?!

Pam said...

I love that gorgeous ribbon on your Keep it Simple card and all your cards are wonderful!!