May 26, 2010

All Natural + First Attempt at Scrapbooking



It was kind of a relief to get back to cardmaking tonight.  :)   This one is in response to the 365 Cards challenge for Day 87 (All Natural)  Pam challenged us to include something from nature on our card.


Not only is the image inspired by nature, I've included a few feathers as embellishment.  First time for those... I've had this little bag of feathers for ages, and I've never opened it, but I'm glad I did now!  I like the way they look.




Card Blank - Dollar Store; DP - Basic Grey; Ribbon - Cosmo Cricket; Stamped Image - Penny Black; Coloured with Copics; Sentiment - CTMH; Paper Flowers - Dollar Store; Jewel Brad - 7Gypsies; Feathers - Poor Naked Birdies



Where have I been?  In typical Carolyn fashion, I've taken on a task that has consumed me - creating a scrapbook to honour my wonderful Mom on her 70th birthday!   No small task for anyone, I'm sure - but for me, who's never attempted a 12x12 page... phew... quite the challenge.  I've found that it's an entirely different beast than a card.   I decided on a quilting theme, because my mother's very passionate about quilting.

Here are a few pics... I'll post some more in the coming days!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, welcome back.. missing your work. Fabulous card.. Love the groupie birds.. lovely, with a touch of feather.

Hugs...

~amy~ said...

Love your card and the peeking feather...very fun!

Check out your scrapbooking...you're sooo fabbie to do that! Huge job!!!

Kim Mc said...

Gorgeous creation, Carolyn! Love those feathers!! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards..can't wait to see what you do next!

Aloha, Kim
365 Cards Design Team member
Check out the DAILY challenges!