Mar 18, 2011

The Evolution of a Spring Themed Card

I find it odd (and utterly wonderful) that the project as imagined often differs so drastically from the project as completed.  

My first card began it's idea as an elaborate card.  I'd imagined as a garden of butterflies lighting all over the front of the card, but it turned out rather simple and understated with two lightly Stickled butterflies.  Sweet... and perfect for spring...


I was pleased with the result, so I thought I'd make a similar, Spring-y card.

My second card started with a piece of pink gingham paper and a gorgeous pink Prima flower.   Well, I started playing with colours, and the black crept in... stunning and elegant against the fuschia... and then I thought it would be fun to use a picture of Lucille Ball (so I did the ol' Google image search)   Gosh, I love Lucy!  Really, what a stunning beauty, what an expressive face, what a hoot she was!!  

Well, the fresh spring card turned into the old Hollywood glamour card.   It wasn't me!  Seriously... it evolved of it's own accord and took me along for the ride!  That's why I love card making.  It's an adventure, people! It's still got a touch of the original 'spring' idea... the gingham paper and the pink rose, so I'm still going to enter it into the Splitcoast Spring Challenge  (Gloria, are you proud?)  

Que sera sera!

Well, that's it for today.  Hope you have a wonderful, crafty weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love both your gorgeous card. Lucy is really something, aint she :)