Feb 14, 2011

Flowers and Birthdays...

The dust is still abounding in my household because I spent the entire two days crafting and spending time with friends!  My kinda weekend!!  Betty Crocker, I am... NOT!

Started Friday with a bit of a craft room tidy and have come to the realization that my paper stash is ridiculous.  Two drawers full of 12 x 12 sheets + a box of books + a box of scraps (both rather big boxes).  I love paper... seriously, I do.  Colours, texture, pattern = heaven in my mind.  But still, things are getting out of hand with this obsession.  So I hereby swear not to buy any more paper until I've used up half of what I already have!  (except for the staple black and white card stock if I should run out of it... a girl's gotta be realistic)

I started my purge by making use of my scrap box and my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die cut.   Flower time!!   Making these is the perfect activity to do while visiting with a friend or, in my case on Saturday, watching hockey...   I cut out two of each (for a total of 8 flat paper flowers) of 12 different papers, packed and brought them along to my brother's house ...and started crumpling and layering when the hockey game started.   They're a bit time consuming, but I love the way these look:


Here are some of the cards I made from these luscious paper flowers this weekend:






I also made some simple birthday cards using the Cuttlebug birthday plate, and some giant brads that I found on clearance a year ago (stash cleansing is good!).   The balloon bows are kind of fun, too, I think:




My stamp stash is pretty major, too.   I have so many stamps that hadn't even been inked yet, so I thought I'd get to working with those...   This little dude is from Sugar Nellie - from a set called "Skull Boyz"  (don't think it's available any more)  I used Versamark and black heat embossing, then coloured him with a white gel pen.   LOVE IT!!  Why did I wait so long to stamp these guys, they are sooooo cute!    


Crafty weekends rock!  Craft on, my friends, craft on....

- Carolyn

2 comments:

Kim Mc said...

OMG, Carolyn! So happy that you're back creating and sharing!! And what beautiful uses of scraps and stash! I'm right there with ya girlie. I keep making that "buying no more paper" pledge but it lasts until I find some new Basic Gray (or other equally fab paper)! Oh well, some day I use it all! :) Thanks for sharing, Kim Mc

Mark Angel said...

Embosing Queen with these 2 cards,,,,,, I done embossing on my latest Day 2 card, Have fun from the Texture King,,,,hahaha