Aug 15, 2009

365 Cards - Challenge 168

Day 168 at 365 Cards brings the "Touch of Toile" challenge: use toile as the background pattern.

We were given a great example by Vicky - she used actual toile fabric on her stunning card. So there I was... no toile of either the paper or fabric variety. This left me with 2 options... go shopping or go surfing. Busy day - no time to shop, so a Google search it was. I found some great examples, but very few with file sizes large enough to print a decent looking background... but the few I found were beautiful, indeed! There is something very elegant about toile.

My card started off life as a birthday card, but I decided that the flowers looked too much like poinsettias to not be Christmas. And hey, this is the first time that I've ever created a Christmas card before November! Is it sacrilege for a cardmaker to say that? Well, I said it!! :P

Cardstock - Coredinations (I was out of Bazzill Black); Toile - Internet Pic printed on HP Everyday Photo Paper (matte); Ribbon - from stash; flourishes and flowers - Silhouette; Metal Tag Holder - dollar store; Finished with Swarovski crystals & Pink Stickles.


Not for a challenge, but still lots of fun - here's a card I made this morning to thank the hosts of our company picnic - which was today... it's the reason I'm posting so late! (I usually finish my Saturday challenges first thing!)

Simple card... using Karen Foster's wonderful red-checked paper (aptly called 'Picnic Cloth') and some sushi grass from dinner last night (yum!!) The mustard container and sentiment were cut by my new Silhouette. Oh yeah, I'm lovin' that baby!! :D

Cardstock - CTMH; DP - Karen Foster; Grass - re-used sushi paper.

I hope your Saturday was as fun as mine (cardmaking and a picnic!)

See ya on the 365 blog tomorrow - it's Super Sketchy Sunday. (I love SSS!!)

8 comments:

Rose said...

WOW! amazing what one can find by googling LOL :) this is stunning and i think it is perfect for Christmas, just think you have a jump on your cards :) oh and the picnic one id supper cute :)

beckynoelle said...

I love the christmas card! I spent a bit of time looking for toile on google too lol, now i want to go out and buy some for future cards :)

all of the swirly flourishes are so pretty! you make me want to take my silhouette down from it's banishment on the top of the bookcase hehe

TesaB said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! You do some seriously gorgoeus swirls (and other stuff) with your new baby!

Jaggs said...

The red just brings it all out. Very nice

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Wow!! How fabulous. Just loving all your glorious swirls. And the picnic card is such fun and so eye poppin'.

Evelin said...

I absolutely love your toile card!! So precious! :D

STAMPING SAM said...

Carolyn your toile card is beautiful! I haven't been sold on electronic die cutting yet, one reason being, I don't know where I would put it! But your picnic card is great, I may have to look closer at them! Have a great day!

Vicky said...

love this as a Christmas card and I'm with you on not making them before November (but I swear this will be the year I'll get started early!). i love the image you found on google - it's so pretty! Love your picnic card too - so cute!