Jul 18, 2009

365 Cards - Challenges 139 & 140

Quick post today, it's been a hectic few days! Several trips back and forth to the hospital with my sick husband have left me drained... but I've made time for 'glue therapy' to calm my thoughts before bed. Harvey's going to be OK (a few more doses of IV antibiotics are required) but he sure is grumpy at the thought of two weeks' rest!






365 Cards' Day 139 - Try a Technique: Paper Piercing
This is a new technique for me - sure, I've poked holes in paper in order to insert brads 'n such, but never as a decorative technique. I'm a new convert! While I'm not thrilled with my submission for this challenge, I loved seeing how piercing was used by the other contributors. Definitely worth a second try, and third, and...





Day 140 - Paint it!
The only paint in the house is interior latex... I KNOW, it's sacrilege for a crafter to admit that! I do have watercolour pencils, however, so I hope that it's acceptable to use those (after all, application does require a paint brush) I really like this technique for softly coloured images, and have used it a lot (more examples on my July 6th post).

The first card: paper is Wisteria collection (Basic Grey), ribbon is WalMart, rubon is CTMH, bling is Swarovski & the spider charm is a found object. (Did you know that spiders are a symbol of creation and creativity? Wonder why? Their webs - small miracles each one, intricately crafted by their tiny creators)

Second card: Cardstock is... I don't remember... Image is SU, Nesties used to cut circles. Ribbon is dollar store, coloured with CTMH watercolour pencils (and water, with a brush!) & decorated with Stickles & FlowerSoft.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Gosh, Carolyn, hope your handsome man gets better quickly. Sick men are such babies! Lol... Your cards are gorgeous! Love your piercing - are you sure it was your first time? Wow! Ha,ha, love your paint story! Great cards!

~amy~ said...

fabbie cards carolyn...your paper piercing is so fancy smancy and I love your watercolor card!

Lila Castro said...

this is absolutely GORGEOUS love the watercolor

Janis Lewis said...

I love your witt! How do you paint with a brush and watercolor pencils? Do you draw with the pencil then spread it with the brush? I need to try it. Advise?